Saturday, October 18, 2008

Reasons Not to Get Out of Bed

1) Yesterday I was on call. In fact I did sleep quite a bit, but this is a good excuse.
2) It is still raining.
3) Thursday there was an earthquake.
4) Thursday night while cooking the stove exploded. It moved about a foot, the racks were thrown off of it and the fruit salad capsized. We were very lucky because it seems that if the gas line had been broken it would have been a lot worse. No one was hurt.
5) Friday night someone robbed the house of a volunteer while she was home. She is okay, but he did hit her resulting in an impressive black eye and the need for some stitches.

Are you convinced?

7 comments:

topolina said...

Oh my goodness!! Are you ok??? We had a very small earthquake and I freaked out for about a week. I can't imagine if my stove had exploded... I think I would've been on the first flight back to NY.

Stay safe... we miss you!!

Love, Meryl

Unknown said...

Oh Rebecca - those sound like reasons to stay in bed for a week! I am glad you are ok, and we are thinking of you often over here!! love, pri

Gary Ohama said...

Hola Rebecca,
Sounds like life in Guatemala is not going to be boring. You are having quite an adventure. I heard that the US Military sends its doctors to Los Angeles because it has emergency wards that are the closest to real battle conditions. Maybe LA could be your next stop. Sue says hi (hola.)
You are in our prayers (constantly!). Sue just read all your blogs.
Love,
Gary and Sue

Laura said...

Yes, I'm convinced! I think I could handle one of those things at one time, not all of them! Hopefully this week is more low-key. I miss you! Love, Laura

Bonnie said...

Awww... I am glad that you can still blog from bed. I hope you see better days soon!

Sponge said...

I wouldn't want to get out of bed either.

I miss you, Rebecca.

Jess

Monica said...

Oh dear. Those are good enough reasons for even ME to stay in bed! (It is called sympathy-sleep, I believe).
I really hope the last few days have gone better for you!!
And while I want to say hang in there and be tough, I also want to remind you that no one will be mad if you come home early :)
Love,
Monica