Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A better day


Why was today better you might ask ... well, for some reason I felt more useful and capable. To some of you this may seem ridiculous, but I made major progress on the artificial intelligence (not real intelligence mind you) front; I have now secured the most recent version of epocrates (computer program full of drugs, doses, symptoms etc) on my palm pilot. Also, I fed a stray dog today leftovers from lunch. Yesterday was the day of multiple patients with ulcers, and today a day of infectious disease: worms, lice etc. One more thing: this being the 9 days between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, I want to blog out my aplogies (a method I'm sure was never intended) to anyone who I hurt over the past year. Also, to anyone who may have hurt my admitidly sensitive feelings, you are forgiven! Water under the bridge, and may we all be inscribed in the book of life. (This is all Jewish reference stuff.) I have included a picture of Lago Atitlan (above) and the town (below) ...

5 comments:

topolina said...

Happy New Year, Rebecca! :) I'm glad things are getting better - hang in there... you'll get the hang of things soon. I'm sorry I missed your call tonight - how does skype work? Can I call you?

Miss you! Love, Meryl

Kate said...

yay Rebecca, I'm so glad you decided to start a blog :) I looove blogs, and especially ones of people doing extraordinary things. Guatemala looks beautiful, and you are making me miss the Dominican. You already gave the best advice to yourself - patience. If it's anything like the DR, no one is in a hurry and things take a little while to change. Play your small part, and be inspired along the way of how people live and are happy with so little (in comparison to us). Your comment about the roosters made me laugh - we have the same issue in DR. Going to be bed early is key. Did you know in spanish the rooster says "quiquiriqui" instead of "cockadoodledoo"?? haha.

Buena suerte amiga!!

Bonnie said...

Those photos are so beautiful!

Joshua said...

I forgive you! Also, SORRY!

Unknown said...

Hey Rebecca, beautiful pics! I will take you up on the water-under-the-bridge deal. I am truly sorry for any offenses.